[mythtv-users] PVR-350 on 4:3 and 16:9 screens

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Fri Dec 24 09:51:17 UTC 2004

Hi,

Hopefully a simple question... I am considering using a PVR-350 in my
next frontend, but cannot find any mention of auto-scaling in the list
archives or documentation.

With a "regular" videocard, it is possible to tell X that the aspect
ratio of the output is 16:9, and the picture will auto-scale to fit in
this window. Is this also true of the PVR-350's TV output? I capture UK
DVB transmissions, and these are a mixture of 4:3 and 16:9 streams,
often changing mid-stream.

Does anyone have any direct experience of this?

Thanks,
Steve