[mythtv-users] S-Video Out: Nvidia GF4 of FX5200

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 02:22:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:41:59 -0500, Bryan Ware <bryan at hb-computers.com> wrote:

> Shawn,
>        can you post that script?

Sure, but there's really not that much to it.

The script is below, and I use it as my .Xclients-default file. It
just starts up the window manager, and then starts up mythfrontend
inside of a while loop. Before I made the change, I was doing the same
thing except for without the while loop around the mythfrontend
startup line. This way does also have the advantage of restarting
mythfrontend quicker after it crashes than if the X server has to
shutdown and restart.

#!/bin/bash
fvwm &
while true
do
/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend -v all -l /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log
done

Shawn Asmussen