[mythtv-users] Frontend crash when recording starts?

Chris Lynch tsw at one.net
Thu Dec 23 18:57:52 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I've got my Myth box running fairly smoothly now but have a question that I
can't seem to find an answer for.  When watching live TV, if a scheduled
recording comes on, the frontend will lockup.  I have no idea why - I've
looked in the log for the frontend and there doesn't appear to be anything
out of the ordinary showing up, but perhaps I'm not running at a verbose
enough logging level (if the frontend supports various logging levels that
is, I'm not sure)?

Does anyone else experience this?  I'm running .16 on FC3 and it's quite
aggravating - the problem doesn't occur if you're not watching TV at the
time.

Thanks,

Chris