[mythtv-users] Can't change channel, but all info is there?

Luke A. Olbrish tool at gehennom.net
Thu Dec 23 13:39:46 UTC 2004

Christoffer Kjølbæk <christoffer at kjoelbaek.dk> writes:

> I have a problem, and I have used some time in the archive, but can't
> find a solution. There is a lot of posts about this, but I have tried
> all the solution, without result.
>
> <snip>
>
> I can set the box to record, which work, exept that I have to set the
> channel through ptune.pl
>
> I have checked the the input is set to Tuner 0, I have checked the
> "start up channel" in mythtvsetup. And I have no idea what else to do?
> By the way, the card is a PVR-250

I currently have this problem and the best I can offer you now is a
potential work-around (assuming you have the exact same problem as
me).  One way to get an idea of whether you have this problem is if
when you try to change channels you get blank information about the
channel instead of what's playing.  I have to reapply this work around
each time I reboot and I havn't tested the effects of shutting down
mysql, mythbackend, etc...

--
#!/bin/sh

/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop;
/etc/cron.daily/mythtv-backend;
/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start
--

Since I am currently in the process of simply getting an initial
configuration together, I havn't looked into this problem more deeply

debian unstable with:
mythtv       0.16-1
mysql-server 4.0.22-6
ivtv         0.3a (though I think the problem lies in the mythtv<->db
                   interaction)

--
Luke Anthony Olbrish
<luke at gehennom.net>