[mythtv-users] Problem with "soft" dvd

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Dec 23 12:23:57 UTC 2004

I'm hoping someone can help with a dvd problem I'm having.

I'm running FC2 from Jarod's guide.  MTD is started (mtd -d)
prior to mythbackend and mythfrontend being started.

I don't have a dvd drive in my combined myth box.  I have created
a /dev/dvd entry and a /mnt/dvd entry, then put that information
into /etc/fstab.  I want to mount an ISO to /mnt/dvd and be
able to rip the DVD via the mythfrontend rip settings.  When
I navigate to rip a dvd, I get the message:

No Jobs.  Checking and/or waiting for DVD.

I can play the dvd (using the same mount command) with mplayer
and xine, so I know it works.  My settings in myth point to
/dev/dvd.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Paul