[mythtv-users] Pundit won't Post

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu Dec 23 10:46:50 UTC 2004

Op donderdag 23 december 2004 08:27, schreef Brian R. Pilnick:
> I just put all the hardware together and plugged it in all ready to install
> KnoppMyth but the machine never posts. No beep codes or anything on the
> screen, it just sits there with the fans spinning. Any clue as to what this
> is or how to fix it?
>
><snip>

First try unplugging anything not really needed to POST. Aka, this leaves you
with the Pundit + CPU + RAM (for taking out the 2 PVR-250's just leave the
PCI-cards caddy aside). If that still doesn't give a beep either the power
supply, the motherboard, the cpu or the RAM is badly broken.

If it does work, plug in the CD/DVD-ROM and try to put some Linux Live-CD in
the tray, KnoppMyth should be fine. Build up the rest of the system untill it
breaks again. Voila.

Try to google for "computer won't boot" or something similar for futher hints
on how to find defects.

> While I'm here, I have a really stuid question, how do I respond to mailing
> list threads?

Uhm, hit reply in your mail client?

 Henk Poley <><