[mythtv-users] OT: Best modchip for xbox to be used for mythtv?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Wed Dec 22 18:08:20 UTC 2004

This is only slightly off topic and has probably been covered before but I
would like up-to-date feedback on this one.

I just got a xbox and I would like to convert this to mythtv use. Its a very
new bios, 1.6 or newer so the mechinstaller hack wont work like it did on my
old xbox (toasted by a glass of pop). It appears that I need to buy a
modchip for the beast. I would like to keep the ability to use it as a xbox
but its normally going to boot directly into xebian. I would like to know
your personal experience with your install. What chip and if you had any
serious problems. I think I am also going to hack in a usb port on this one.
Using the controller is a pain in the rear :)

Thanks for your time,
Bill