[mythtv-users] PVR350 - snow

Eivind ekj at vestdata.no
Wed Dec 22 08:35:36 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 22:17, Sigurd Nes wrote:
> Asciimonster wrote:

> > Summary of patch:
> >
> > options ivtv ivtv_std=2 tda9887=0
> > add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tda9887
> >
> > OH MY GOD! IT ACTUALLY WORKED!
> > Sigurdne, I could kiss you (well metaphorically speaking). Thanx
> >
> > I think I'll try and get it in the Wiki.
>
> I cant get it to work – it might be the fact that I can't get the "add
> below" to load from modprobe.conf in mandrake 10.1

Yeah, different distros use different syntax of the modprobe.conf file,
pretty annoying.

The "add below" stuff is unlikely to be the problem though, all it does is
ensure that the mentioned modules are loaded *before* ivtv (all 4 of
them).

You can test that yourself by modprobing msp3400, saa7115, saa7127 and
tda9887 before you modprobe ivtv. Probably you'll find that makes no
difference.

If it *does* make a difference you still don't need to change distro to
ensure the rigth sequence of module-loading, worst-case you can always add
something like the following to the end of your /etc/rc.local:

modprobe msp3400
modprobe saa7115
modprobe saa7127
modprobe tda9887
modprobe ivtv

I had the same problem, for me the essential piece of black magic was to
have tda9887=0 as an option.

> What is your configuration –I might consider changing distribution if
> that is a solution.

I have Fedora Core 3 hardware is a new PVR-350 (with the new tuner that
somehow isn't detected rigth without aforementioned option) on a via Epia
M1000 board.

I'll happily try to help you out, not that I'm an expert, but atleast I had
the same problem and managed to solve it. Feel free to contact me off-list
if you want me to look into your problem more spesifically (english or
norwegian is fine, as I'm sure you'll guess from my adress)

Best of luck !

			Eivind