[mythtv-users] Video/Deinterlacing/Sound problems (XvMC)

Brian Bartlow mythtv at roostervision.com
Wed Dec 22 05:01:21 UTC 2004

Tj wrote:

> If you find your cpu couldn't keep up, maybe add some compile options
> to gcc when building myth may help? There are options you can set in
> config.mak and settings.pro - OPTFLAGS option and
> QMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE respectively.

I recompiled with march=Athlon-XP, but it still isn't fast enough to do
everything without XvMC.  However XvMC is working now, but I'm running
into problems with the OSD.  It's B&W which isn't a huge problem, but it
causes serious stuttering of the video and audio when it's on screen,
and every so often it will lock up the frontend.  I'll get a message
stating "Waited too long for decoder to pause"  Whatever that means.

I've read through some messages and the only "solution" I've seen is to
buy a faster processor and use Xv.  Not much of a solution for me.  I
also tried removing the fade feature of the OSD, but that didn't work.

So I'm wondering if this problem is fairly common, or is it fixed and I
haven't heard, or what?

Brian