[mythtv-users] Re: atrpms-package-config vs medley-package-config(was: Fresh FC1 and Myth 0.16 install observations/questions)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Dec 21 23:16:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 05:49:05PM -0500, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> I also have had problems installing transcode (not a huge concern for
> atm as I don't use it now, but will eventually)
>

> > Please try this recursively until the bad apckage shows up, e.g. try
> > installing transcode, the this will tell you why it fails and so on.
> >

> [root at localhost root]# apt-get install transcode
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   transcode: Depends: libMagick.so.6 but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages

Ah, OK, you need at-bleeding, or simply get ImageMagick from there and
go on with installing mythdvd.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net