[mythtv-users] Guide data problems

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Dec 21 19:50:02 UTC 2004

On December 21, 2004 03:01 pm, Mark J. Small wrote:
> On December 21, 2004 02:28 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > Mark J. Small wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I've got a rather annoying problem with the guide data.  I live in
> > > Canada, and use datadirect to download the data.
> >
> > What is your Postal code and source provider?
> >
> > > The problem is that the 13-day away data is often incomplete, and is
> > > not refreshed until the day before.
> >
> > Mythfilldatabase is supposed to re-fill these partial days and
> > this works for most everyone except, apparently, some areas in
> > Canada. If I could test the data from a provider where this is
> > a problem, it will likely be easy to fix.
> >
> > --  bjm
>
> My provider is Eastlink (Analog), and my postal code is B0M 1P0.  I find
> that the problem is most common on my channel  26 (YTV). Or perhaps I
> notice it the most there because I like to record some of their evening
> programming.
>
> Sometimes  (only sometimes...) the guide data will be missing from 8:00 PM
> till midnight (Atlantic Standard Time).  If I search by channel, there will
> be a listing for 7:30, then a listing for 12:00.  If I look in the program
> guide, it will show "Unknown (Unknown)".
>
> I just had a peek at my program guide, and data for most of the Canadian
> channels in the guide is missing from 8:00 to midnight on December 31.
> There is data starting at midnight on Jan 1. Programs that straddle
> midnight are shown with the correct start time.
>
> I flushed my guide data yesterday, and it has been updated today.
>
> Here's some speculation:  What if the data is inputted each day by the
> zap2it people, originally in Pacific time.  When I try to fetch it, data
> gets retrieved from midnight till 8 PM, but the last 4 hours is missing,
> since it belongs to the next day in the data source time zone.  Somehow
> mythtv doesn't recognise that the data is incomplete, and doesn't try to
> fetch it again until d-1.
>
> Mark

I just had a look at the grabber code here:
http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp?rev=1.131&view=markup

If I look in the region of line 2600, I see code that decides whether to
refetch the data.  There are two cases where the data is refetched.

(1) There is very little data for that day.  I don't quite get what this code
is trying to do (2597-8).  I am not familiar with qt sql queries.

(2) The grabber is tv_grab_uk_rt, and there are programs in the category
'TBA'.

I could be missing something of course.

Mark