[mythtv-users] Re: What happens when my cable company switches to digital?

Sim simon.hampton at freebel.net
Tue Dec 21 19:02:35 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 21 Dec 2004 12:23, belcampo wrote:
> In Holland we face the same things. Today I ordered 2 DVB-C cards with
> CI-modules which will do the same as 2 analogue tuners do at this moment.
> Haven't tried yet but are confident to get things going.

I guess you are talking about this sort of thing:
http://213.221.87.83/pages/products/data_nexus-ca.html ?

This looks to be the way to go to be future proof but they sure cost a lot
more than the PVR150s

Does anyone know if Telenet are going to be using DVB-C for their digital - I
know they plan to use MHP for the interactivity and MHP is a DVB standard.
Is there anything else in the STB other than a DVB-C decoder - do I need one
if i get the right sort of PC card.  Note that they have not launched their
service yet, but I suspect that Dutch experience will be relevant to my
predicament

Sim