[mythtv-users] Sky+ Navigator remote and Hauppauge PVR 350 IRreceiver?

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Tue Dec 21 13:42:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 13:18 +0000, Nick Morrott wrote:
> > > Any tips or suggestions would be warmly appreciated,
> >
> > A USB serial port (Plugs into the USB and provides another serial
> > port)????

> I had thought of these (under Windows not a prob) but I am not sure if and
> *more importantly* how they work under Linux. Do they just appear as another
> serial device or must you use a USB driver to wrap the serial driver in?

They appear as ttyUSB0...ttyUSBn and behave just like ttySn (they just
have a different major number). There seems to be a wide range of
options in the kernel USB config about them so it seems like a bunch of
them do work. I can't offer any explicit advice since I've not really
used one in anger, I guess a little googling would tell you more...

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

Battle, n.:
	A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that
	will not yield to the tongue.
		-- Ambrose Bierce