[mythtv-users] RE: How do convert nuv file to mpeg?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Dec 21 03:34:03 UTC 2004

> I assume this would work with all DVB-T cards (like my avermedias).

Yes.

> If this is the case, what are those OSS MythFilters I downloaded
> for???

It's for playing nuv files.

Once again, I beg the devs to see if it's in their hearts to add support
to the code for actually using the .mpg file extension for recordings
that really are mpeg files and not nuv files.  It might make some parts
of the code a tiny bit more complex, but having mpeg files with nuv
suffixes is probably the SINGLE most confusing issue about mythtv that
we have to deal with in #mythtv-users.  Some people just don't seem to
understand that "nuv" can refer to both mpeg files and nupplevideo files
-- and in reality they shouldn't have to.  .nuv files should NOT be mpeg
files, they should be nupplevideo files.  I know this was done to keep
things easier in the code, but it's a support nightmare.  Especially
with more and more people using hardware-encoded mpeg files.

-Chris