[mythtv-users] question on movies

Brian Meehan bmeehan at rescueteam.com
Tue Dec 21 03:32:26 UTC 2004

Welcome to Myth, Mark.

What you're referring to is a plugin/feature called MythVideo. Video files
are stored in a designated location on the backend/frontend (you'll learn
that later...check this list). This is /var/mythvideo by default, I think,
but you can change it in the configuration menus. Mine is at
/video/mythvideo.

Mythvideo uses mplayer as its external video player, so it will play back
the formats it supports. The video manager GUI for MythVideo is rather nice,
in that it displays the movie poster and Imdb info when avail (if you setup
your video manager properly).

Enjoy!

-Brian