[mythtv-users] Netboot <> FC2&3

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Dec 20 21:52:56 UTC 2004

People,

I've been trying to get netbooting working under both FC2 and FC3
with no success.  I've been able to track down that somewhere between
RH9 and FC2, Red Hat screwed up netbooting.  I've found a number
of problems relating to specific issues with the kernel, and I'm
currently
getting a kernel panic because FC3 thinks that XFree86 is trying to
access
something in the hardware layer directly.  At least that's what the
error
says.

So, I'm now thinking I will punt for now and just do an install of the
os and
install myth onto an nfs partition.  Does this make sense?  I'm
interested
in doing this mainly for the frontend to be quiet.  If I can boot the
machine and then spin down the hard drive, it would be a nice
compromise.

Do I have any other options?  Can I netboot Debian or Gentoo from
Fedora?

Thanks,
Paul