[mythtv-users] What happens when my cable company switches to digital?

Asher Schaffer freedenizen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 21:40:12 UTC 2004

I am using digital cable in the US.  I only have one tuner card, I'm
not sure how it would work with two.  You would definitely need to
STBs, but that is only part of the problem.  You also need to control
the channel on the STB. I use a serial connection to control mine, but
depending on what model STB you get, and what the cable company
decides, the serial port may not exist or could be disabled.  If that
is the case, you need to control it with an IR blaster.  That should
work fine for 1 tuner, but I don't know if there is a way in myth, to
say use one IR blaster or serial port to control STB1 and a different
one to control STB2.