[mythtv-users] mini-pci TV tuner cards

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 21:17:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:53:07 -0500, Tom Dombrosky <tbdombrosky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, what I meant was, I don't think you can use a mini pci solution
> with that board because it doesn't have any ports for the antenna.  I
> guess it could be possible with other systems.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

That's actually the easiest bit; I take it you don't design much RF
hardware. ;-)  Most cards would have some sort of RF SMD (surface
mount device) connector, like you'd find on a similar form-factor WiFi
or GPS device, to connect the board to the full-size connector of your
choice.

Andrew

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.