[mythtv-users] AMD Athlon 64 CPUs and MythTV Compiling

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 19:32:50 UTC 2004

I am planning on having one pvr-350 and one pvr 150 or 250.  I only need
to output s-video, either from teh 350 or an fx5200 card.  I have always
had Intel chips, but AMD seems to be the CPU of choice for the cool
crowd.  But I did read that Intel encodes better, if that is what MythTv
is doing?  If my priced intel 3ghz  system is a little over $200 more,
what do you think?

Thanks.

Drew

Also, to reply to a mail list, should I keep the original subject, of
place an Re:  before it?