[mythtv-users] MythTV noob

Sim simon.hampton at freebel.net
Mon Dec 20 05:58:55 UTC 2004

On Sunday 19 Dec 2004 12:36, William wrote:
> I dont have a 350 but I know the 250 does not do passthru. I doubt the 350
> does either. You would have to use a rf splitter ahead of the capture card
> and then feed a differeent input on the tv with the split signal. This
> would cause you to lose the ability to pause live tv and make switching
> between tv and myth a more complicated situation than needed. (Read, low
> wife acceptance factor)
>
> I would go with a 250 and 350 as my pair of cap cards if you really want to
> use the 350 for output. I think they finally have the 350 out stabilized to
> the point that its useful. The 350 is not up to the task of playing fast
> games if you have any thoughts of going that route.  If you are not in a
> huge hurry you might also want to think about waiting for the 150 support
> to stabilize. They are quite a bit cheaper than the 250's.

OK - I understand now, and can see why people are getting excited about 150
supoprt  - it would save money when you need two of them.

But that prompts another question - how I do split the cable coax connection
between two tuner cards - is that another "rf splitter", which is not a term
that I understand but my borther will?  I feel as though I have not read
about any of these issues on the documentation pages, which may be my
opportunity to contribute in due course

Sim