[mythtv-users] MythTV noob

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 23:59:27 UTC 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 07:39:17 +0100, Sim <simon.hampton at freebel.net> wrote:
> On Friday 17 Dec 2004 23:01, TJ Hunter wrote:
> > I'm thinking about getting two Hauppauge PVR-250 capture cards so that
> > I can record (or watch) more than one channel at a time. I also need
> > another card that has video-out, correct? What card would you all
> > recommend for this?
>
> Do you really need two PVT-250s to watch and record at the same time - surely
> your TV will have a tuner as well?

Lets say you display device does have a tuner, then you have to switch
from one interface to another, you loose all the mythv functionality
on top of using either a different remote, or navigating differently,
or what happens if you watching live tv on your Display, and you have
to goto the bathroom and you want to pause it. you cant, what happens
if you saw janet jackson breast pop out for 1 second and see it again?
on a regular tv you cant. so having extra tuners is always a plus,
then on those odd times you have 2 shows scheduled to record at the
same time you dont have to choose one over the other.