[mythtv-users] Mythtv thinks my backend had changed name ?

George Styles george at ripnet.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 13:14:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

My until-recently perfectly working myth box has done something strange.

I have a single backend/frontned, which was working fine until a couple of days ago, when the backend crashed.

When I restarted it, it said to run the setup utility, which I did, and was suprised to find that all my settings appeared to be lost.

I fixed the settings, and it works again.

However, when I look in the MythConverg MYSQL table Settings, it seems to have stored all my new settings against a host name of ' my-unique-identifier-goes-here'. The old settings are still stored against the correct host name (scoop.ripnet.co.uk).

So my question is Where does Myth pick up the host name from? the box itself certainly still knows it name!

also, on mythweb, it says 'backend 1 on  my-unique-identifier-goes-here is not recording' etc.

any ideas?
thanks