[mythtv-users] Should I wait for the PVR 150

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sat Dec 18 08:58:53 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 11:17:11PM -0600, Andrew Close wrote:

> > -Nate
>
> http://hauppauge.com/pages/compare_pvr.html

One thing I am curious about.  The pictures of the 150-MCE show it with
two RF jacks on the board.  The 150 non-MCE that I have had just one
RF jack on the board, as per its pictures.  In fact the 150-MCE looks
like the 500-MCE which also has 2 jacks but an extra tuner module.

Is this just a dummy jack so they could use the same PCB for 150 and 500?

Or does it do something?

I've always thought it would be nice to have two (or more) RF jacks
in the Digital TV world where you are hooking up to an antenna and/or
cable.  You might have only one tuner, but you would like to switch
it between antenna (ATSC & NTSC) and Cable (QAM and NTSC) sources.

Or, to solve a problem many people have, to have two antennas, when
the transmitters are in different directions, even though you have
only one tuner.

But I have no idea what's going on, or even if the picture is right.

Or is it for FM radio?