[mythtv-users] OT: Dual Channel DDR

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 04:03:48 UTC 2004

Dual Channel Memory is actually a different type of module and is
normally sold in kits of 2, Dual channel is normally used to double
the memory bandwidth available to the processor, only select
motherboards are capable of this, and requires compatable modules.
other wise 1 stick is probably better and cheaper.

I Bought 2 sticks of normal memory, and put them in a Dual channel
motherboard and it wouldnt operate in dual channel mode, it still used
both sticks, and I still had over 1gb of ram I just didnt see the
performance increase

Although in myth I dont know if the performance increase is all that
noticable in windows in doom 3 it means I get like 99fps at full
quality and size with antialiasing vs like 80,