[mythtv-users] mythbackend without X

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Dec 17 21:43:26 UTC 2004

Michael Messner wrote:

>Hey mythTV users,
> I like to make my fileserver also to the backend server for mythTV,
>the fileserver is running with trustix (www.trustix.org) without a
>XServer and also without any QT stuff!
>Is it possible to install just the mythbackend on this server, no
>use for any frontend stuff there!
You need QT because there is more to QT than graphics.  The MythTV
classes are based on it.  As far as X goes, you might need that because
the MythTV setup program needs it, more accurately, you can probably
target it at a remote X server but you might need libraries on the
backend to execute the program on.