[mythtv-users] Getting rid of the console framebuffer in FC 3?

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 21:43:05 UTC 2004

Disabling the console framebuffer is a simple matter.  All it takes is
a boot paramater passed to the kernel.

Depending on which implimentation of framebuffer your kernel uses,
you'll need to pass it either video=vga (for vesafb-tng) or vga=0x###
(for vesafb-rrc, where ### is a vga mode)  Look here for more details
(for gentoo, but applies to any distro:)
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=10

-Nate