[mythtv-users] Start Mythfrontend if not running?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 06:31:58 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:51:15 -0800, Chris Lynch <tsw at one.net> wrote:
> I currently have MythTV running on FC3 pretty well now, but every once in a
> while I'll come to find that the frontend has crashed back to the desktop.
> I'm looking for an easy way to get the frontend running again - either by:
>        1 - A process that "pings" to check if the frontend is running every
> n interval and starts it automatically
>        2 - A remote button (the former is most preferable).

Jarod Wilson's guide has some instructions, I believe on how to set up
a button on the remote for this. It kills mythfrontend if it's running
and starts it up if it's not. I have also posted on this on the last
couple of weeks so have a look through the archives. If you can't find
it let me know and I'll dig mine out, which uses Jarod's method and
works really well.