[mythtv-users] Help with LIRC / Homebrew receiver

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 06:27:39 UTC 2004

> I looked at the lircd service script and I believe it is looking for
> /etc/lircd.conf to be defined. I don't have such a file. Can someone
> email me / post theirs so I know what is supposed to be in it?

You have to have a lircd.conf to map keys to IR signals. What type of
remote do you have? If it's one that's already known you can download
a lircd.conf for it. Otherwise you can shut down lircd and use
irrecord to create one. Have a look at recent messages in these
archives as I think this has come up recently.