[mythtv-users] PVR-350 or Marvel G400-TV?

Teemu Nikkilä tnikkila at cc.hut.fi
Thu Dec 16 18:17:39 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm planning to build a Myth-box out of an unused EPIA-800 mobo and FC2.
I'd buy a PVR-350 for TV, radio and hardware codec + TV-out. Now however
there is a cheap Marvel G400-TV (G4+MVTA16GRI) around to buy, and
according to some searches I made, it should work with MythTV. I'd need
to buy a (used) mobo with an AGP-slot though to use the Marvel. So what
do you think, which way should I go if I don't want to tweak with things
too much and if the system should be as quiet as possible?

-Teemu