[mythtv-users] 0GB files after power outage

John OKeefe john at terminalreality.com
Thu Dec 16 15:24:00 UTC 2004

I have had the same problem but it is not consistent. I am using KnoppMyth
R4.4. Every now and then a show will be recorded as a 0 GB file, the
animated preview will just show black, and in MythWeb it shows no thumbnail.
When I select the show and go to delete it Myth becomes very sluggish. It
takes awhile for me to scroll to the menu option to delete it and then
awhile to confirm to delete it. Fortunately it does not happen often. I
would guess it is 1 in 20 shows recorded that it happens to. Unfortunately I
have not found a resolution. I also have not been able to determine a
reproducible case that causes it. If anyone knows what causes it or how to
resolve it I would be very interested to know.

- John