[mythtv-users] Cannot watch live television with budget tv-tuner card

Søren Pingel Dalsgaard spd at mjolner.dk
Thu Dec 16 11:36:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

I found an old Medion MD5044 tv-tuner card which I popped into my mythtv as the only tuner card. I used xawtv to find the "frequencies" and configured mythtv accordingly. Watching tv with mythtv works (as it "it shows the right picture") but it stall all the time and get further and further behind.

My system is an (old) AMD Athlon 1.1GHz machine with 1MB memory and a brand new (fast?) 250Gb harddisk.

I've ordered my pvr 350 but would like to get a feeling of whether I should ditch my old tuner card or leave it in.

Needless to say, it works just perfect with xawtv which doesn't write everything to disk first.

Thanks,
Søren