[mythtv-users] Security concerns for my myth box

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:29:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:54:03 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Craig Partin wrote:
> Since I have a Windows machine on my net I only open the RDP port to
> allow remote desktop access to my Windows box and then access everything
> else on my net from there.  In a Linux only environment I would only
> open SSH as you can tunnel anything else you need through that SSH
> connection like HTTP, X, or others.
> Kevin

I also use RDP.  One thing you might consider is changing the port
that RDP listens on

I suppose a connect scan would still pick it up, but a "lighter" scan
wouldn't raise red flags when port 3389 shows as being open.

No offence to the dev's but I just don't let Myth play outside.  No
telling what stranger will drive up and offer it candy.

(applogies if this email is a little "off".  It's been a really,
really long week)

I have one Gmail invite left.
Let me know if you want one (off list).