[mythtv-users] Hard Drives that Actually Work?

Kenneth A Hadley khadley at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 15 22:53:41 UTC 2004

I've had 4 WD 120GB's die on me in the last 3 months
but the problem was induced by COOLING.

I currently run 5 WD 120GB drives in a Antec 1080 SOHO
case and while its a good case it has 2 hard disk bays
that get inadequate cooling (right below the floppy
drive). These two locations are also where the 4
drives have lived and to say they are a tad hot to the
touch when running is a understatment.

I've sworn by Western Digital drives for years and
still do. What I have noticed is that at least the
120JB series runs pretty hot and needs some type of
active cooling if you stress the drives alot.

This is of course my experience; your mileage may
vary.

_Kenneth Hadley_