[mythtv-users] Myth install WITHOUT the internet..

Will egroups at klubbing.com
Wed Dec 15 16:27:20 UTC 2004

You will need to recompile myth which is easy enough (source installed to
your hd anyway), but more importantly you'll need to add the dvb drivers to
your kernel.. which should simply be a case of downloading the
www.linuxtv.org dvb drivers and apps archives along with the Knoppmyth
install.

You could also install a 2.6 kernel which has the dvb drivers already built
in, but I personally had several packages break when I did this. YMMV, but
if you have the same problems - this would probably cause you to need more
files / information from the net to solve these issues.

I used this for reference:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1357&highlight=dvb

If you do this, check what frontend driver your DVB card uses though because
I had to install a different kernel entirely. I needed a patch for the
relatively new mt352 frontend that my Avermedia card has, but could only
find it for 2.4.26 and not 2.4.25 which Knoppmyth has.

Will