[mythtv-users] Can I play scaled HDTV content on a standard TV?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Wed Dec 15 13:07:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 05:34:48PM -0500, Kyle Rose wrote:
> Before I got my HDTV, I had an HD-2000 card feeding my mythbox with an
> attached SDTV for several months.  The quality of the HDTV image was
> noticeably better to my eyes than that of the SDTV image on the
> associated SD channel.

By SD, do you mean analog (NTSC)?

We have digital standard definition on DVB. It's roughly DVD quality, so
it's better than analog TV. (Especially the analog TV that the local
cable company (Foxtel) sells, which is horrible.)

Then we have HD also, though not all programs are shown in HD.
I'm using digital SD channels only with Myth.

Hamish