[ivtv-devel] Re: [mythtv-users] Nonlinear MPEG2 editor that doesn't suck?

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Wed Dec 15 06:48:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 07:50:27PM -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:

> 	I've been using avidemux in the past to recrunch pvr-250 recorded
> streams onto DVD.  Not too much difficulty, and it appears that I always
> get a 66ms difference between audio and video.  With this tape transfer,
> however, it appears that the A/V sync amount changes as the tape recording
> goes on.  Maybe because the pvr-250 had to do weird things because the VCR
> that was playing the recording did odd things at the cut?
>
> 	Anyway, it appears that a signifcant cleanup can be done with the
> dvb-mplex and/or replex utility on the raw IVTV stream.  It generates a
> number of PTS-related errors such as:

I have this too! I noticed that playing the stream with mplayer had no
problems. Doing something like:
   mencoder <nuv> -oac copy -ovc copy -o <nuv.out>

rebuild the B-frames in avidemux now and all is fine....

I think that mencoder complains about duplicate frames or soemthing like
that (I don't have a log at the moment).

Leo.