[mythtv-users] Getting rid of the console framebuffer in FC 3?

David Smith rdsmith at pobox.com
Wed Dec 15 06:21:31 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I'm following Jarod's guide (much appreciation Jarod).
I'm stuck trying to get ivtv-fb to load properly.
Can't load ivtv-fb from the console. Receive a Kernel Oops if I do. This
has been reported by others in Mythtv and Ivtv archives.
Loads fine from within X but the PC hangs if I try to switch back to the
console with it loaded.

Someone in the Ivtv-devel list reported success compiling the kernel
without console framebuffer support.

I'd like to be able to recompile the stock 2.6.9-681_FC3 kernel and still
be able use the packaged kernel modules.
Is this possible and/or wise? or would I be better off trying FC 2?

Definitely, appreciate any thoughts.