[mythtv-users] hauppauge 350 tvout no go!

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 14 22:29:05 UTC 2004

These config & log files now have nothing about loading ivtv drivers in
them.
There was a post a little while ago about getting X to work on the 350. It
might be worth looking over that and seeing if there is something that you
have missed or follow that guide and see where you get to.

If it really says that it cant open /dev/fb0 then it sounds like you don't
have ivtv-fb module loaded.
You can check this with lsmod.
Also try running

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -prepframe

and see if you get a constantly changing pattern on the tv out. At least
this will prove the driver etc. are loaded and working.

John