[mythtv-users] Audio sync problems with exported Myth recordings - not with manual recordings

John Andersen jsa at video.homelinux.org
Tue Dec 14 21:24:48 UTC 2004

On Monday 13 December 2004 12:22, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> My goal is to archive my PVR-250 MPEG2 recordings to DVD. Setup is FC2.
>
> I've hit a big snag - when I export the recordings and cut the
> commercials with nuvexport (MPEG2->MPEG2), the audio on the exported
> recording is way out of sync. Note that when I play the original files
> in Myth or mplayer, the audio sync is just fine.

I've used nuvexport with some success, to convert to svcd and vcd.

Both work well, (although the transcode time was LONG), with svcd
looking very much better than vcd.  MY fairly new dvd player
(hardware set top box) stutters badly with svcd, and most windows
players won't play them either, but the work flawlessly xine and
mplayer.

Also some of the other formats nuvexport does work well too
and are much smaller.
Everything seems to be in sync.

--