[mythtv-users] NEW - BIG PROBLEM! Watching LiveTV is very slow !!!!!

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 20:59:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:10:41 -0800, Scott Alfter
<mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Why are you still watching live TV?  The whole idea behind a PVR (whether
> it's MythTV, TiVo, or something else) is that you let it record stuff and
> watch it at your convenience.  You don't have to be a slave to the network
> scheduling goons anymore.

I watch sports and news live; everything else is recorded.  It just
doesn't make sense to record the morning news, when I only watch 10
minutes of it before going to work.  And I really hate watching sports
delayed.  But, being able to pause and rewind is a feature I wouldn't
give up, no matter what or when I'm watching.

Now, can we get off this common reply.  This must have been discussed
to death in a thread last month.