[mythtv-users] MediaMVP

David Shay david at shay.net
Tue Dec 14 19:48:39 UTC 2004

Check out http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net
At this point (and probably not ever...), it cannot run a full mythfrontend.
It has its own menu system that from a MythTV perspective can be used to
watch recordings, view the upcoming recordings schedule, and delete
recordings.  At this point it cannot schedule recordings and does not
read/honor the commercial skip points. Those features are under development,
as I understand it.  It also does not do any of the ancillary functions,
i.e. mythmusic, mythnews, etc.

If all you are looking for is a remote frontend for watching shows, it works
remarkably well, particularly given the price point.  Great TV-out quality,
IMHO.  Hard to beat for $79-$89, even with the current functionality as-is.

It doesn't compare to a "standard" setup with a PVR-350 since it cannot
record -- there is no disk drive or encoder, only an MPEG decoder.