[mythtv-users] Hard Drives that Actually Work?

Josiah Royse jroyse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 15:45:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:53:36 -0600, Paul.Buchanan at thomson.com
<Paul.Buchanan at thomson.com> wrote:
> Are these drives just not up to the stress of a PVR?  I'm interested in hearing what kind of drives people have had good luck with, as I've about had it with these.  I'll get my third on warranty, but It won't be going back into a myth box.

Heat- looks like you are eliminating this one.

Physical shocks- since this PC sounds like it is in an entertainment
center: does it receive any physcial shocks such as moving it while it
is running, bumps, in a high-traffic area, stiff tv cabinet door
catches, etc?

If none of these are too extreme- you could just be experiencing a
"bad batch".  Better luck next time!

--Josiah