[mythtv-users] pvr-350 tv-out hanging in live tv

Juan C. Gallardo jgamo at cantv.net
Tue Dec 14 13:03:06 UTC 2004

Hello

I just manage to get the pvr-350 work over X. It looks great! and I will
like to keep using it, but I am having two problems.
The first as says on the title. When I try to watch live tv it hangs,
after a minute or something like that.
I have selected to use the pvr-350 in the tv setup.
My videos plays perfect with mplayer, from inside and outside of
mythfrontend.

The second problem is that if I try to watch a DVD is veeeery slow. I am
using xine to play DVDs. I am guessing that it has to be something about
playing MPG movies over X with the ivtv driver. So is tehre a way to use
xine to play dvd over X using the pvr-350 tv output?
I think I have read something about a special version of xine to use
with the pvr-350. Is that what I should use? if so, where can I found it?

Of course, the first problem is the most important. I really want to use
the pvr output, it looks soooo much better than my nvidia output, the
colors are perfect.

Any idea, anyone?

Thanks in advance

Juan