[mythtv-users] Very slight jitter on high power machine

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Dec 14 09:49:37 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 01:14, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> > > I don't think most TVs are 720 lines.
> >
> > Indeed, almost all HDTVs sold today are 720 lines native resolution.
>
> When looking strictly at new sets, perhaps that is the case. There are
> plenty of 1080i sets around that only do 540 lines. Like mine. I haven't
> looked at new sets much since I got mine about 3 years ago, when 720p sets
> were rare.

Been reading up, most stuff I'm finding still says 1080i sets are more common,
though most of that data may be outdated. I give up on understanding how many
lines a 1080i set can actually display... I know only 540 lines make it to
the screen per frame, but it does seem that they don't overwrite the previous
field, so you would lose a little bit running a 1920x540p mode versus a
1920x1080i mode. I'm punting, time for sleep. :-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...