[mythtv-users] Very slight jitter on high power machine

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Dec 14 07:13:46 UTC 2004

On Monday 13 December 2004 22:28, Brad Templeton wrote:
> I do think that going to 540p is, in theory, quite a sacrifice,
> throwing away half the info.   I mean cinematic stuff is shot at 24fps,
> for example, so you gain nothing with 60hz progressive vs. interlace.
> You're throwing away half the resolution

1080i just as many lines of resolution to the screen per frame as 540p. Both
send 540 lines, they are electronically identical. You're not throwing
anything away when you follow Doug's instructions. 1920x540p using bob deint
outputs essentially the same information to your screen as 1920x1080i, no
deint. For whatever reason, it works better for some folks. (Me, I output at
1920x1080i with kernel deint).

> Well, not quite since my TV, like most, is only 720 lines, so I was never
> using it all, but you get the idea.

I don't think most TVs are 720 lines.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE