[mythtv-users] blowing away listing data

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Mon Dec 13 23:32:22 UTC 2004

Jules Gosnell wrote:
> OK,
>
> I bit the bullet :-)
>
> after lots of messing around with scan and zap2myth I have managed to
> put together a fairly complete channel list for the Guildford
> transmitter - I still have to sieve out quite a bit, but I have ITV1 !!
> (BTW - zap2myth behaves very well, now that I am giving it a handcrafted
> channels file).

Woops. should have read the whole thread. Ignore the last mail then but send me
your region and the file so I can add it.

> Only problem now is, although I am sure that I have all the right stuff
> set up for the xml tv stuff (I'm using the radio times backend, which
> worked fine for my last channel set), mythfilldatabase refuses to
> populate my new channels with listing info. I figure that somewhere it
> has set a flag saying that they are up to date for the next 2 weeks and
> refuses to refresh them.
>
> I could wait 2 weeks to see, but if some kind soul could tell me how to
> blow away the listing data without trashing the rest of my set up I
> would be much obliged.

I run a cron.daily which I set to be to be after 7am by setting the line
52 7 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
in /etc/crontab

You can then add a script /etc/cron.daily/tv_grab_or_something
-------------------------8<----------------
#!/bin/bash
export HOME=/root/
export HTTP_PROXY=http://hilly:3128
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:\
	/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin

/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file /root/.mythtv/uk_rt.xmltv 2>/dev/null \
	|/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 -1 - 2>/dev/null

/usr/bin/tv_grab_dvb -c  2>/dev/null |/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --update \
	--file 1 -1 - 2>/dev/null

(dont forget to make it executable as that got me a few times)
I run tv_grab_dvb as well because TMF guide from radiotimes is wrong (I think
the programs are different on freeview than sky). So I deleted it from the
radiotimes channels to fetch and added a line to chanidents "25728 tmf.nl" so
tv_grab_dvb would pick it up instead.

--
         Charlie Brej
APT Group, Dept. Computer Science, University of Manchester