[mythtv-users] Problems tuning PVR 250

Brad brad at bradandkim.net
Mon Dec 13 21:52:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 11:19 -0800, Scott Alfter wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 07:40:18AM -0600, Brad wrote:
> > I am running the coax out from a digital cable box into the tuner of a
> > PVR 250 and I can't get it tuned in at all.
>
> Why are you using coax to connect to a digital-cable box?  There should be
> an S-video output on the box, or at least a composite output.  The image
> quality will be significantly higher, as the signal won't have to be
> remodulated by the box and demodulated by the PVR250.

Scott,

Oddly enough there is just a blank where the S-Video out should be.  I
am using component to go to the home theater amp right now so I thought
I would play with the coax until I get things working.  I am trying not
to disrupt cable tv for my wife right now until I get myth going.  I did
actually try the component this weekend and had no luck with that
either, but admittedly did not try long.

Thanks,

Brad