[mythtv-users] [OT] rc.local not running

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 13 21:16:23 UTC 2004

On Monday 13 December 2004 12:56, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

> >in Jarods Guide there is a line you add to RC.local to have $MYKERNEL
> >variable.  i have the following in rc.local but it does not survive
> >reboot.  Other things that happen too: there's and extra line to add
> >so the newer 350s don't have a green screen or blue line on the right
> >side.  Those don't survive reboot also.
> >
> >export MYKERNEL=`uname -r`
>
> I just noticed that problem with MYKERNEL as well.
>
> I moved it to /etc/rc.d/rc.local and it works fine now.

/etc/rc.local is a symlink to /etc/rc.d/rc.local on my boxes, created at
install time... However, I'm not certain that the variable is actually set
for anyone but root, using a true root shell (either by logging in as root or
using 'su -'). Might be better to stash that in both /root/.bash_profile
and /home/mythtv/.bash_profile instead.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jarod at wilsonet.com