[mythtv-users] Problems tuning PVR 250

Robert myth at robertc.de
Mon Dec 13 13:50:14 UTC 2004

Brad,
Try tuning to channnel 10 and see if you get channel 18.  My PVR250,
purchased 2 weeks ago, has a TYPE 50 tuner.  That one seems to not yet be
fully supported.  Also, I have found that by plugging in frequencies
directly it will receive correctly. (ptune.pl --frequency xxxxxx) It seems
that the frequencies are all non-standard though.  This is probably due to
some differently calculated parameters for this new tuner.

Tonight, I'll send you a script to find working freqs and a couple of the
ones I found on my system.

There was a posting last week about a patch to tune.c (kernel program)
that might help.

Robert