[mythtv-users] pvr250 volume doesn't match M179

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 12 21:30:31 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 03:24:45PM -0600, myth at umich2.com wrote:
> I installed an M179 as a secondary card in my system. The audio out of it is
> considerably louder than my pvr-250. The m179 matches the volume of music and
> dvd's so it seems to be an issue with the pvr. Any thoughts on how to bump up
> the volume on it?

I've noticed the same thing, but suspect that the input level on the M179
might be set too high.  When I moved my digital-cable box from my TiVo to my
MythTV, I wanted to use the S-video in on the M179 so that the analog tuner
on the PVR350 would be used (the tuner input on the PVR350 appears to be
cleaner than on the M179).  While the video input on the M179 was good
enough, the audio input had a substantial amount of noise on it--a
background hissing noise and frequent popping.  There was a brief interval
where it appeared to be working properly, but it started acting up again
after the next reboot.

(I'mm currently using ivtv 0.3.1y, if that makes any difference.)

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter